Moneytalk Academy - Couples Financial Life Skills Workshop Series
These dates are TENTATIVE at this point.
Location - TBD
Budget for this academy is $28,000 for 25 couples (50 adults). Couples will be asked to pay $250 per couple (about $20/person per night) leaving $15,250 in needed cash, donations, and in-kind funding.
Target attendees - engaged couples and newly married couples, although married couples struggling with their finances may attend also. We anticipate vast majority, if not all, of the attendees will be in the low-to-moderate income range.
Dinner - provided
Child care - not provided for this academy
This Moneytalk Academy is for couples who are engaged, recently married, or want to get their couple's financial issues on the same page. We will be learning basic financial skills and how to use these skills to bring you together, align your goals, prevent money fights, and improve your overall communication.
The format for a Moneytalk Academy workshop night is to start with general information and finish with an opportunity to apply the information to your own situation. The instructor will be available to help guide and answer questions.
- 5:30 pm - 6:00 pm = Set up
- 6:00 pm - 6:30 pm = Dinner
- 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm = Workshop
- 8:30 pm - 9:00 pm = Clean up / Tear down
- Apr 14 - Align your goals and vision as a couple
- Apr 21 - Learn about your credit report and identify debts
- Apr 28 - Using a budget as a communication tool
- May 5 - Create a budget you can stick to and use
- May12 - Managing your bank accounts
- May 19 - Recap, Wrap-up, and Graduation