Job Function: In line with established policies and procedures, provides existing and potential customers with excellent customer service while performing a variety of transaction functions. Is knowledgeable of other bank services and cross sells or refers products/services as customer needs are identified.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates commitment, dependability and respect for the team with regular and predictable attendance, punctuality, and agreed-upon schedule of availability.
- Projects a professional image in dress, manner, communication and focus.
- If in a roving teller role, will travel to multiple financial centers within a region(s) providing critical teller and customer service support.
- Greet & assist customers as they arrive in the Financial Service Center; provides exceptional customer service throughout the customer interaction using the 7 steps of customer service. Consistently exceeds customer expectations for service as measured by monthly documented observations.
- Process all types of teller transactions accurately & according to policy & procedure including but not limited to checking account deposits, cashing checks, daily merchant deposits, cash advance, Cashier’s Checks, money orders, travel and gift cards, loan payments and check reorders.
- Process daily night drop and ATM deposits and balancing under dual control.
- Assists customer with requests or service issues.
- Maintains security of teller cash according to authority levels per the Retail Banking Authorities and Guidelines.
- Proactively works toward achievement of individual sales and service goals. Expected to meet minimum performance standards as outlined in the performance scorecard for this position. Based upon performance compared to the standards may be eligible for the retail banking incentive plan.
- Is consistently accurate in handling cash & maintain an acceptable cash difference record according to the CCB accountability policy. Adheres to acceptable teller risk management standards.
- Preserves the confidentiality of customer information according to the Non-solicitation and Non-disclosure policy of the Bank.
- In the absence of the vault teller, coordinates operational work flow for teller area, handles compliance, audit, operations and regulatory issues.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the bank’s products and is accountable per the performance standards outlined in the retail incentive program for cross selling or make referrals to other bank staff.
- Expected to attend and participate in ongoing training, financial center meetings and Sales/Service ExSELLence Meetings.
- Other tasks as assigned from time to time by supervisor or other member of management
Job Qualifications/ Required Skills and Abilities
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience: retail sales/service experience including cash handling, or prior teller experience preferred
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Exhibit and maintain high degree of professionalism
- Maintain high degree of confidentiality and integrity
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally at all levels of the organization
- Excellent follow through and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficient in PC, web and database
- MUST possess a “can do” customer-service attitude/philosophy
Hours based on the needs of the financial center
8:30am to 5:30pm Saturday rotation 8:45am to 12:15pm